About This Blog
This blog is an open community for industry leaders, managers and frontline providers to learn about, discuss, and continuously recommit themselves to providing exceptional service.
Together, we can:
- Build Uplifting Service Cultures
- Exceed the expectations of those around us
- Raise the spirit of service providers worldwide
I welcome your views and participation.
Thank You For Sharing This Page
- Is our leadership team in agreement on key business goals and priorities? Do they understand the importance of a strong service culture to achieve these goals?
- Do our service training programs teach the same fundamental principles to the entire organization? Are these principles being applied to create measurable value for our customers?
- Does our organization share a common language from top to bottom and across departments when talking about service? Do we use this same language to talk about external service to customers and internal service to colleagues?
- Do all our employees and partners clearly understand our service vision and act to make it real every day?
- Are our recruitment processes aligned with our service vision and values? Are we hiring people who make our vision and values stronger?
- Do our orientation programs describe the service culture of our organization and help newly hired staff understand how they can contribute to make it stronger?
- Do our communications to employees regularly feature service issues and achievements? Do we include “voice of the customer” comments in our communications?
- Do we recognize and reward superior external service to customers and internal service to colleagues?
- How do we capture “the voice of our customer”? Do we share it widely throughout our organization?
- Are our current measures aligned with our service vision as well as business priorities?
- Does our service improvement process seek new ideas from every employee?
- When service breakdowns occur, do we focus on bouncing back to increasing customer loyalty?
- Do we benchmark our service performance with companies inside and outside our industry?
- Are our leaders and managers excellent role models of service? Are they aware of the essential role they play in building a superior service culture?